Wealth Management Service
Mayport’s Wealth Management service includes these components:
- Financial Plan: The starting point and foundation of every client relationship is a financial plan built around your individual goals. Working together with you, Mayport will design a plan and update it regularly over time.
- Portfolio Management: After finalizing your plan, Mayport will construct an investment portfolio customized to your goals. Mayport will regularly monitor your portfolio, making adjustments as needed. You will receive detailed reports and also have access to your plan and accounts through our web portal and mobile app.
- Holistic Financial Advice: My goal is to be your trusted advisor when financial questions come up. While Mayport does not provide formal tax, insurance or estate planning advice, I am aware of the relevant issues and will often make suggestions to discuss with your other advisors.
Investment Philosophy: Mayport’s investment philosophy is informed by academic research and confirmed by my own experience. I believe that investors should work hard to control those factors that are predictable – including fees, expenses, commissions and taxes – and should not spend time trying to control factors that are outside their control. This includes the future direction of the economy, of the stock market or of individual stock prices. For these reasons, Mayport favors straightforward investments that carry low fees.
Pricing: In contrast to most investment firms, Mayport does not believe in traditional percentage-of-assets fees. Mayport charges just a fixed annual retainer for Wealth Management – normally in the $5,000 to $15,000 range, depending upon the complexity of your situation. Compared to other firms charging a percentage of your assets, this could result in very significant savings.
To learn more, please contact me at any time.
Overview: If your needs are limited, and you do not need help managing your investments, Mayport’s Consulting Service is available on a simple, hourly or project basis to answer any financial questions on your mind. Examples include:
- Creation of a financial plan
- Debt management strategies
- Choosing funds for your 401(k) or 403(b)
- Establishing 529 educational savings accounts
- Mortgage questions
- Charitable giving strategies
To learn more, please feel free to contact me at any time.